Metal Supermarkets® is expanding rapidly and is always looking for experienced metals people! The ability to work in a small, resourceful team-based environment focused on delivering world-class customer service is critical in all roles. Perhaps you don’t have any metal experience? Well we are always looking for enthusiastic, hardworking people, sales and customer service focused people wanting to grow with us, so you are welcome to get in touch. Perhaps Metal Supermarkets is the opportunity you are looking for!
UK Administration Office (Manchester)
This position focuses on supporting MSF’s corporate and franchised stores and the UK management. The Assistant conducts him/herself in a professional manner conducive to a team dedicated to superior service and relationships with franchisees, corporate store staff, suppliers and customers. The position will be based at the new Manchester store upon opening. This is a six-month contract position.
Reports to: Director, Franchise Development and Operations, UK Operations
Dotted Line Report: Finance and Administration Manager, UK
Relationships: Store managers and franchisees, national accounts and other major customers, landlords, suppliers and Canadian financial staff.
The Assistant is responsible for delivering a wide variety of administrative services required by the Group’s United Kingdom companies.
- Gathers, assesses, delegates and/or reports on exceptions, compliance and internal controls related to items such as:
- employee time off, hours worked (time and attendance)
- training assignment and completion
- vehicle and equipment registration and licensing
- vehicle and equipment maintenance
- first aid, fire, safety and general health and safety administration
- fuel cards, vehicle mileage and route review
- marketing and promotional materials
- inventory cycle counts
- pricing policies and proper system utilization
- customer returns
- product receiving
- inventory corrections and scrap management
- telephone and cellular utilization
- customer complaints and resolution
- Manages travel and accommodations for Director, expense management, telephone and certain government reporting.
- Assists in ISO review and annual renewal.
- Oversees administration of company cars and vehicles, equipment, telephones, utilities, store costs and negotiates best prices.
- Manages and/or oversees selected store level purchasing and related activities as well as various preferred provider relationships.
- Attend and assist in selected corporate store annual stock takes.
- Oversees the management of the corporate office including maintenance, cleaning, security, floor plan and organization.
- Manages administrative activities for national accounts.
- Complies with all Policies and Procedures and recommends amendments and enhancements thereto.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 3 years of administrative experience preferably in a busy office environment
- Payroll and banking exposure
- Good communications skills both verbal and written; solid organizational skills and a customer oriented and proactive attitude
- Analytical skills and an inquiring mind
- Motivated and enthusiastic team contributor
- Ability to work under pressure, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Competent and experienced with ERP systems
- Proficient computer skills – Microsoft Office with strong Excel skills
All interested applicants can apply by sending their resume and cover letter to James Headifen at email@example.com
Park Royal (London)
Driver /Warehouse Operative
Interested in getting into one of the world’s major industries? Our established London store is looking for an experienced Driver /Warehouse Operative for the expanding operation at our Park Royal Store.
Known worldwide as The Convenience Stores for Metal, Metal Supermarkets is a business to business franchised brand with over 85 stores across the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom. We have been providing businesses and consumers with quality customer service and products since 1985.
About the Opportunity
As Warehouse/Driver you will be responsible for processing orders and making deliveries/pickups to our customers and from our suppliers in a 3.5 tonne drop-side truck while maintaining the highest level of service possible. You will receive equipment and metal training. This is a great way to get into the industry at the ground level and learn the business!
- Cut customer orders using metal cutting equipment such as saws, hydraulic guillotine, etc to exact customer specifications
- Receive, identify and stock incoming materials as required
- Assist in proper maintenance of equipment (saws, forklift etc) ensuring safety first for everyone
- Make small quantity metal deliveries to local industrial/manufacturing client base while maintaining a superior level of customer service
- Pick up larger orders from suppliers
- Maintain company vehicle to company safety standards
- Perform daily safety and maintenance checks
- Advise Store Management of any requirements for maintenance and repairs
- Ensure Warehouse is clean, organized and safe at all times
- Other duties may be assigned as required
- 1 year previous driving experience
- Valid driver’s license Category
- Excellent customer relationship skills
- Ability to accurately use measuring instruments – i.e.: tape measure and calipers
- Motivated and enthusiastic team member
- Ability to work well under pressure, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Excellent English communication skills both verbally and written
- Ability to react to frequent schedule/routing changes
- Physically able to frequently lift/move metal product weighing up to 25kg
- Secondary School education
- Forklift certified with experience an asset
- Computer skills – MS office, etc. a definite asset
- Metal and metal related product knowledge a definite asset
Remuneration and Hours
- Competitive wage paid
- Attendance bonus
- Store performance bonus paid
- Uniform provided
- Up to 44 hours per week
- Shifts are typically 7:00 – 4:00
- You will be required to work every second Saturday from 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Job Type: Full-time
All interested applicants can apply by sending their resume and cover letter to John Charalambous at jcharalambous@Metalsupermarkets.com
Metal Supermarkets UK – Stainless Steel, Aluminium, Bright, Black, Engineering, Bronze, Copper, Brass, Tool, Galvanized
6 locations in the United Kingdom offering instant access to a wide variety of metal types, shapes, sizes and grades.Find your closest store