Metal Supermarkets® is expanding rapidly and is always looking for experienced metals people! The ability to work in a small, resourceful team-based environment focused on delivering world-7class customer service is critical in all roles. Perhaps you don’t have any metal experience? Well we are always looking for enthusiastic, hardworking people, sales and customer service focused people wanting to grow with us, so you are welcome to get in touch. Perhaps Metal Supermarkets is the opportunity you are looking for!
If you’re interested in applying to Metal Supermarkets position, please send your resume and cover letter to: [email protected].
Trade Counter Customer Service Representative
Our London (Park Royal) store (NW10) is a top performer in our network. A sales and customer service focused person is needed to join our busy trade counter team.
Metal Supermarkets offers a wide variety of metal types, shapes and related services such as cutting, guillotining, delivery… and we do this fast! With a network of 7 Branches in the United Kingdom and over 95 worldwide, we source rare, hard-to-find metals for our customers and the general public over the counter, taking inbound sales calls, purchasing, quoting prices and replying to email sales requests.
The Customer Service Representative will enjoy a diverse role with a wide variety of contributions, supporting customers and working within a tight-knit team environment. The main objective is to service the needs of the customer base that contact us by telephone, email/fax or as walk-in business. This individual is expected to be focused on sales targets and to conduct him/herself in a professional manner conducive to generating a team attitude toward maintaining effective customer relationships.
Provide consistent, superior service by ensuring that all customer needs are recognized, serviced, and high customer satisfaction is maintained at all times.
- Support the achievement of sales/budget targets, which includes attention to gross margins.
- Day to day tasks include selling, quoting, organizing some purchasing and some material handling and metal processing (Training given).
- Perform other duties as directed by the Assistant or Store Manager.
- Very competitive hourly rate of £11.50
- Generous incentive bonus. Current on target incentive averaging £200 plus per month
- Uniform provided including boots
- Up to 44 hours per week
- Shifts are typically 8:00 – 5:00 or 7:00 to 4:00
- You will be required to work every second Saturday from 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
- Must demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient with the use of computers and software
- Self-motivated with an acumen for sales and a passion for customer satisfaction
- Exceptional phone technique
- One year of customer support experience. Trade counter experience would be an advantage
- Metal and metal related product knowledge is a definite asset but not required. If you bring the passion and customer service expertise, we can teach you the metal
Interested candidates can apply to this position by emailing a resume with a cover letter to [email protected]
Metal Supermarkets UK – Stainless Steel, Aluminium, Bright, Black, Engineering, Bronze, Copper, Brass, Tool, Galvanised
7 locations in the United Kingdom offering instant access to a wide variety of metal types, shapes, sizes and grades.Find your closest store