Metal Supermarkets® is expanding rapidly and is always looking for experienced metals people! The ability to work in a small, resourceful team-based environment focused on delivering world-class customer service is critical in all roles. Perhaps you don’t have any metal experience? Well we are always looking for enthusiastic, hardworking people, sales and customer service focused people wanting to grow with us, so you are welcome to get in touch. Perhaps Metal Supermarkets is the opportunity you are looking for!
Driver / Warehouse Operative
Interested in getting into one of the world’s major industries? We are looking for an experienced Driver / Warehouse Operative for the expanding operation at our Southampton Store.
Known worldwide as The Convenience Stores for Metal, Metal Supermarkets is a business to business franchised brand with over 85 stores across the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom. We have been providing businesses and consumers with quality customer service and products since 1985.
About the Opportunity
As Warehouse/Driver you will be responsible for processing orders and making deliveries/pickups to our customers and from our suppliers in a 3.5 tonne drop-side truck while maintaining the highest level of service possible. You will receive equipment and metal training. This is a great way to get into the industry at the ground level and learn the business!
Cut customer orders using metal cutting equipment such as saws, hydraulic guillotine, etc. to exact customer specifications.
- Receive, identify and stock incoming materials as required
- Assist in proper maintenance of equipment (saws, forklift etc) ensuring safety first for everyone
- Make small quantity metal deliveries to local industrial/manufacturing client base while maintaining a superior level of customer service
- Pick up larger orders from suppliers
- Maintain company vehicle to company safety standards
- Perform daily safety and maintenance checks
- Advise Store Management of any requirements for maintenance and repairs
- Ensure Warehouse is clean, organized and safe at all times
- Other duties may be assigned as required
- 1 year previous driving experience
- Valid driver’s license Category
- Excellent customer relationship skills
- Ability to accurately use measuring instruments – i.e.: tape measure and calipers
- Motivated and enthusiastic team member
- Ability to work well under pressure, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Excellent English communication skills both verbally and written
- Ability to react to frequent schedule/routing changes
- Physically able to frequently lift/move metal product weighing up to 25kg
- Secondary School education
- Forklift certified with experience an asset
- Computer skills – MS office, etc. a definite asset
- Metal and metal related product knowledge a definite asset
This is what we can offer you:
- Wage £9.00
- Uniform provided
- We pay a monthly attendance bonus of £50!
- Up to 44 hours per week
- Shifts are typically 7:00 – 4:00
- You will be required to work every second Saturday from 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Job Type: Full-time
A great organisation with fantastic staff and Management!
All interested applicants can apply by sending their resume and cover letter to Boguslawa Zapal at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Metal Supermarkets UK – Stainless Steel, Aluminium, Bright, Black, Engineering, Bronze, Copper, Brass, Tool, Galvanized
6 locations in the United Kingdom offering instant access to a wide variety of metal types, shapes, sizes and grades.Find your closest store