Metal Supermarkets® is expanding rapidly and is always looking for experienced metals people! The ability to work in a small, resourceful team-based environment focused on delivering world-class customer service is critical in all roles. Perhaps you don’t have any metal experience? Well we are always looking for enthusiastic, hardworking people, sales and customer service focused people wanting to grow with us, so you are welcome to get in touch. Perhaps Metal Supermarkets is the opportunity you are looking for!
UK Corporate Office (Leicester)
This position focuses on supporting MSF’s corporate and franchised stores and the UK management. The Assistant conducts him/herself in a professional manner conducive to a team dedicated to superior service and relationships with franchisees, corporate store staff, suppliers and customers. The position will be housed in Leicester. This is a six-month contract position.
Reports to: Director, Franchise Development and Operations, UK Operations
Dotted Line Report: Finance and Administration Manager, UK
Relationships: Store managers and franchisees, national accounts and other major customers, landlords, suppliers and Canadian financial staff.
The Assistant is responsible for delivering a wide variety of administrative services required by the Group’s United Kingdom companies.
- Gathers, assesses, delegates and/or reports on exceptions, compliance and internal controls related to items such as:
- employee time off, hours worked (time and attendance)
- training assignment and completion
- vehicle and equipment registration and licensing
- vehicle and equipment maintenance
- first aid, fire, safety and general health and safety administration
- fuel cards, vehicle mileage and route review
- marketing and promotional materials
- inventory cycle counts
- pricing policies and proper system utilization
- customer returns
- product receiving
- inventory corrections and scrap management
- telephone and cellular utilization
- customer complaints and resolution
- Manages travel and accommodations for Director, expense management, telephone and certain government reporting.
- Assists in ISO review and annual renewal.
- Oversees administration of company cars and vehicles, equipment, telephones, utilities, store costs and negotiates best prices.
- Manages and/or oversees selected store level purchasing and related activities as well as various preferred provider relationships.
- Attend and assist in selected corporate store annual stock takes.
- Oversees the management of the corporate office including maintenance, cleaning, security, floor plan and organization.
- Manages administrative activities for national accounts.
- Complies with all Policies and Procedures and recommends amendments and enhancements thereto.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 3 years of administrative experience preferably in a busy office environment
- Payroll and banking exposure
- Good communications skills both verbal and written; solid organizational skills and a customer oriented and proactive attitude
- Analytical skills and an inquiring mind
- Motivated and enthusiastic team contributor
- Ability to work under pressure, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Competent and experienced with ERP systems
- Proficient computer skills – Microsoft Office with strong Excel skills
All interested applicants can apply by sending their resume and cover letter to Andrew Sibson at email@example.com
Our established Leeds store is looking for an experienced Driver / Warehouse Operative for the expanding operation.
The position involves delivery and pickup of orders and stock using a 3.5 tonne drop-side truck. There will also be some cover work with assisting in the warehouse, cutting metal and on the trade counter when needed serving customers. Delivery driver and trade counter experience would be an advantage.
Competitive hourly rates paid for up to 44 hours per week and increasing upon successful completion of the probationary period. Store attendance bonus and performance incentive are also in place on a discretionary basis. Some weekend work on a rota system is required. There may be a need for additional hours to cover other staff holidays and overtime for stock takes. Experience in the steel and metals industry would also be an advantage as would a forklift licence.
Our store is located in Overland Trading Estate in Morley LS27. Drivers licence required.
Job Type: Full-time
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Metal Supermarkets UK – Stainless Steel, Aluminium, Bright, Black, Engineering, Bronze, Copper, Brass, Tool, Galvanized
6 locations in the United Kingdom offering instant access to a wide variety of metal types, shapes, sizes and grades.Find your closest store